The Montreal Knitting Guild
- a group of knitters who share experience, enthusiasm and humor about our common craft;
- everyone is welcome, whether young or old, beginner or professional;
- dedicated to advancing the art of knitting through the sharing of ideas and techniques, education and community involvement.
We meet the second Tuesday of the month from 7:30pm to 9:30pm (except July & August), usually, at:
Briarwood Presbyterian Church
70 Beaconsfield Boulevard
Each meeting has
- show and tell about your knits and projects
- often a raffle
- a topic and a portion of the meeting is devoted to a topic like:
- pricing your knitting for sale
- repetitive stress injuries and how to avoid them
- organizing your knitting pattern collection
- a presentation by guild members or by outside professionals.
The remainder of the meeting is spent snacking on tea, coffee, hot chocolate and home-made or store-bought goodies, chatting away and, of course, knitting!
Past speakers and workshops have included many well-known personalities:
- Lily Chin - internationally known designer
- Maureen Jamieson - top-notch Canadian designer specializing in color
- Lucy Neatby - self-confessed fiberholic & published designer
We also hold an annual UFO Weekend, a chance to get away for a nice long weekend and finish those Un-Finished Objects!